Saturday, May 15, 2010

Summer is Finally Here!!!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, the summer has finally arrived. This past week I completed the last of my finals at college, survived the extensive debauchery of graduation weekend, and began to prepare for our long-awaited "Summer of Fourteeners". In one month (June 14) we will climb the first of the twenty-seven fourteeners that we plan to ascend this summer. With the beginning looming, the time has come to notch up my training program, so I am going to embark on an ambitious agenda that will include running, biking, weight-training, and a long series of very difficult day-hikes around the Roaring Fork Valley. Our upcoming adventure has been long planned and much anticipated, and I can't even begin to articulate my excitement now that the time has finally come. The high country and the backcountry have meant so much to me all my life, and this summer represents the most ambitious and extensive outdoor adventure that I have thus far participated in. I am excited that to share our experiences with everyone here on this blog.

Best wishes to all and I hope everyone has a very happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment